Our Welsh Commitment
Skills and Training have a commitment to the Welsh Language, we will be providing Welsh Language opportunities within our provisions.
At Skills and Training we believe that the Welsh language is a valuable workplace skill, now and for the future.
We are proud of our Welsh heritage and recognise the importance of Welsh language and culture, pro-actively supporting the Welsh Government’s ambition of a million Welsh speakers by 2050.
We support this objective by our commitment to:
• Promoting the benefits of the Welsh language and culture to all our learners, employers and employees across our programmes in Wales.
• Encouraging our employees and learners to develop their Welsh language skills.
• Providing learners the opportunity to complete their qualification in Welsh or bilingually.
• Providing Welsh language work placements.
• Promoting Welsh culture through our curriculum and awareness days.
We work in collaboration with Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol to encourage learners to use and develop their Welsh language abilities. The aim of Coleg Cymraeg is to create training and study opportunities in Welsh and inspire learners and apprentices to use the Welsh skills they have. You can read more about the work of Coleg Cymraeg by clicking the text.
Training and study opportunities in welsh